How To Prepare For Your Virtual Mock Collection
First, make sure to schedule your mock collection through the course. The scheduling calendar will generally appear in the instructions for your final assignment.
A mock collection, otherwise known as "initial proficiency demonstrations" or "mocks" for short, is where a qualified instructor will ensure that you have the competency to collect specimens or conduct tests in accordance with the proper procedures.
- Usually, the mocks are performed virtually one-one via a video conference. Note that you do not need to have anyone else in the room with you since you will be doing "dry" collections.
- You will need to have the training materials in your possession to start. This will take typically 3-5 days to arrive. Alcohol testing supplies are not included in the cost of training and may be purchased separately.
- You will need to have an excellent internet connection with a computer, web camera and audio for the instructor to see and hear you.
During the virtual training, the instructor will show you how to complete the entire process including:
- Correctly filling out the necessary paperwork;
- Providing difficult scenario training (dry bladder, refusals, etc) so you know how to handle the most common situations in the drug and alcohol testing industry;
- Answering any questions you have from the other parts of the course;
- Training you on the proper chain of custody procedures; and
- Will cover federal or state law depending on your course.
- After your mock collections are complete you will be required to submit the forms you complete during training as proof of training through a file upload in EaslerLMS. This must be one pdf file which includes all pages from your training as indicated by your instructor.
- Your instructor will then review the documents you uploaded to ensure that they are complete, correct, and error-free. If there is something missing or incorrect, the instructor will reject the assignment and indicate how to fix the issue. Simply correct the issue, scan the forms again, and upload back in the same assignment in the course.
- Once your assignment is approved and you have completed all other modules in the course successfully, the system will award your course certificate.
- You may then log in to your account and download your certificate and install your free website trust seal.